Saturday, May 20, 2006



I just had to show you these. Strawberry plants in bloom are not only pretty, but are a vision of yummy strawberries to come.










Taken from the raspberry patch, this is my lilac bush with Spreading Juniper in the forground and the neighbors Weeping Willow behind. Much of the Spreading Juniper is looking pretty dead so will likely have to be cut out of there when I have all the other things on my list done.









A close-up of the raspberry patch. Really nice to have a camera that can zoom in like this.

The grass is very long so much was picked to feed to the chooks, some just trampled down. I will be putting wood chip mulch in this area soon.







Standing on the tire wall I took this pic of my raspberry patch. At this point there is 1 1/2 rows, the next day I finished the planting so now there are 3 rows.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, Alice - it's really coming along well. You're going to be making lots of Pavlovas later on this summer, with homelaid eggs and homegrown strawberries!

Alice (in BC Canada) said...

Thanks, thriftwizard... yes, it is coming along nicely, though ever so much more to do and with all the rain we're having lately I just don't want to get out and do it, haha. I still have stuff to plant and know it better get into the ground soon, but who wants to go out in a down pour to plant. Oh well, in the next couple days it will get done.

Now... Pavlovas... please do tell. I've never heard of them but now you have me eager to hear more. :o)

Wildside Musing said...

Berries! Yum!

Much to look forward to!

Alice (in BC Canada) said...

Yes, much to look forward to. I'm going to totally love eating all the fresh berries and frozen ones during the winters to come. I still have blueberries to plant as well.

Kindred Nutmeg said...

You've done a lovely job.. I just love the scent of lilacs..

Bravo..
Nutmeg

Alice (in BC Canada) said...

Thanks, Nutmeg. There is still ever so much to do, but at least I'm getting some of it done... feels good. I too love the smell of lilacs, one of the many things I love about spring.

Thanks everyone for the support... it sure means a lot to me. Hugs to you all.