Thursday, May 18, 2006

Sunday, May 7th

After church today I picked up Ron and brought him out to do more yard work. I dug up a bunch of small damson plum trees (any fruit not picked drops on the ground and grows new trees... see earlier pics) and put them into bags (1 or more trees to a bag) so I had 12 bags to take to the auction to sell. This also cleared up an area for the wood chips to go.

While I dug up trees, Ron went and got my old, ratty tarp for me and we laid it down on the ground. Then I hooked up the trailer and moved it into place. We unloaded all those wood chips onto the tarp. Then I moved the trailer up top and we loaded all the garbage (mostly rotting old wood and weeds) we'd gathered and stacked when he was here before (April 22nd)... then I returned the trailer to its spot in the orchard and unhooked it (to be taken to the dump another day).

Then we went up by the herb garden and Ron planted a post for me. I then strung some wire between it and another post, and pulled up some Virginia Creeper vines that were hanging on my tire (tyre in NZ, lol) retaining wall. This in time will be a Living Privacy Wall between me and the neighbor to the south-west of me.

After all that I fed Ron a nice home cooked meal and drove him home.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

"Tyre"!! HA! Keep practising that Kiwi-speak and spelling, chook!
Sounds like you both had a nice productive day.

Alice (in BC Canada) said...

By the time I get to NZ for a visit all that will be left to learn is the accent, and I tend to quickly pick them up. Without even meaning to, if I'm around people with accents for long, I tend to talk with the same accent to some degree, so am sure in no time I'll fit right in in NZ. :o)

Yes, it was a good, productive day, though for some reason it felt like we didn't get as much done that day as I'd wanted to... haha.