Saturday, May 20, 2006

May 10th

I went to a nearby town for our weekly spinning/weaving gathering. Louise was hosting this week. While I was there she gave me a hide-a-bed couch and 3 plants: 2 Red Currants and 1 Basil (or at least I think that's what she said it is).

Then before coming home I went to my friend Lynda's home and she gave me several plants she had dug from her garden for me. These include: Ajuga, a few kids of Seedum, Wall Flower, Columbine, Forget-Me-Not, Bride and Groom. I know there's at least one more whos name I can't think of just now. All are going to be beautiful as they grow and spread out in my garden along the driveway.

I am so blessed to have good friends that give me plants and other things.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Drool! I love Red Currant jelly but it's too hot in this part of NZ to grow tnem well.
There's always something very special about plants and recipes from friends. I love both.

Alice (in BC Canada) said...

I've never had Red Currants... yet. These plants are pretty small and I don't expect to get a crop this year, but maybe next year, then I'll find out what they're like and make some jelly too. :op

Free is always good. Free and from a friend is special. I'm sure these berries will taste all the better for where they come from. :o)