Saturday, May 20, 2006

May 11th

Went to the auction this morning to sell the 12 bags of Damson Plum trees I told you about before. What I didn't tell you is that I also bought more chickens. The boxes they were in were labled "Brown Layers" so it's anyones guess what breed these girls are. There were supposed to be 4 hens per box and at $12.50 per box 1 got 2. I also got a big metal chicken feeder for $7.50 (plus of course 10% buyers fee and taxes) but I don't like it. It leaves too much grain that the chickens can't get to but the mice can. So I still use what I was using before and this sits empty... a waste of about $10.

Anyway, back to the hens. When I got home and went to turn them loose in the chicken run, I opened the first box and sure enough, 4 hens. Then the second box... 5 hens. Bonus! Also, there was 1 egg in each of the boxes.

No comments: