Tuesday, June 06, 2006

May 21st

Lots of work done this day. After church I picked up Ron and brought him out here with me. We got lots of work done. We did some cleaning up in the carport, to start. Lots more to do of course, but this was needed to make a wide area to get through with a deep freeze. I had 2 old deepfreezes that no longer work. I used to use one for storing bags of rabbit and chicken feed, the other one still was working at that time so I used it for my food as well as for freezing milk jugs and 2 lt. pop bottles of water, making ice for in the rabbit cages to keep the rabbits cooler on hot summer days. These were both sitting around in the way, one in the carport and one behind it. I decided to keep one of them for storing bread I bring home and dry for the chickens (I am given huge bags of bread for this purpose and want to keep the mice out of it). Sooooo, the deepfreeze that was in the carport was moved out behind it, and the one that was out behind got moved through the carport and loaded into the trailer for the dump. Also, an old dish washer that has been sitting out back for some time got loaded, as did an old air conditioner and a few other metal items. The landfills in this area all have you put things in different spots based on what they are, so I like to take an all metal load or an all wood load, etc. Any mixed loads have to be loaded in such a way that things aren't mixed together in the trailer.

No, I didn't have to move these heavy items, Dan came over to help Ron with that part of it, as you will see in the pictures.

After the trailer was loaded and ready to go Dan left, though he did come by later on his way into town and picked up Ron to give him a ride home and saved me the trip in. After Dan left, Ron helped me to rip apart an old sundeck. This had been a covered sundeck where my carport now is. In the fall of 1997 I had many renovations done to my home (built on a 10'x32' addition - 2 rooms, new ceiling and a wall in old 8'x20' addition, new windows through out the mobile home, new metal roof over entire home - both additions and mobile home, carport, took out sliding glass door and put in a proper half glass front door). At that time, the rotted part of the deck was removed and the rest was put on the ground for me to continue using (without the roof it once had). In the ensuing years this deck rotted and needed to be removed, so Ron and I did so. Where that deck had been was bare ground, so I planted 2 tomato plants and 6 pepper plants in part of that ground.

No comments: