Wednesday, June 07, 2006

May 27th

Another big day here. My friend Wilson came up (he lives about a 45 minute drive south of here) to help me, he arrived here at 7:45am. First we loaded my trailer with garbage, mostly wood from the old sundeck, also other wood, some household garbage and an big old scale I had once bought at the auction for weighing the rabbits I was raising - it didn't work... more money wasted. But I digress...

Wilson followed me in his truck as I drove to the town just north of here (about 15 minutes) and dropped all that stuff at the dump there (270 Kg. - $5.50). Then off we went to the town north of that (another 10 minute or so drive). There we stopped at a gas station and met with Chuck (I had given him a love seat and promised him the matching couch - Freecycle) and Vic (another Freecycle contact, I was giving him a china cabinet) and off we went with the 3 of them following me up to the farm of a former friend (long, unhappy story) where I had several things stored. First we loaded the couch into Chuck's Chev Blazer and off he went. Then loaded the china cabinet, a TV stand that I also offered to Vic, and some boxes of my stuff into Vic's van (he dropped the boxes off at my place before I got back here). He stayed to help Wilson load some of the heavy stuff into my trailer (table saw, china cabinet, rack, metal frame for holding shelves, etc.) then he left. Wilson and I loaded more onto the trailer, then 2 bath tubs into my truck. We then drove to another part of the yard and loaded his truck with rabbit cages, and put some cages on the top of the load on the trailer, and 2 onto the top of my truck. We were just about to put another cage on top of the 2 on my truck when Chuck came back so we put that cage and some other odds and ends into his Blazer. We now had all my stuff loaded and off we went. (I had already brought my truck full one other day).

I led the way through back roads so we only had to take the highway a short distance at the end. With the loads we had on I didn't think we wanted to draw attention or to have to go the full highway speeds. Not that the loads were dangerous, I wouldn't do that and make sure all my loads are well tied on, but still... we looked like the Beverly Hillbillies moving... lol.

When we got home we unloaded Chuck so he could head off, then Wilson's truck, then my trailer and truck. I had planned to take pictures off everything but did forget to do so until the end. I did click off a couple of my rig but missed the load on Wilson's truck. Oh well... just know rabbit cages are hard to move when like mine as they are all different sizes and shapes.

No comments: