Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Dump Run #1

Well, this morning my friend came over with his compressor and blew up both tires on my utility trailer, soooo....

I made my first dump run {of my yard make over project/of 2006}. All went well, but it was a very big job to unload it all. The utility trailer has been sitting in the yard for about 1 1/2 years having garbage thrown into it. Last summer I did take some of it out and put it into the truck with a bunch of other "stuff" and took it to the dump, but lots of what was in it had been there for a long time. Uncovered, it got snowed on and rained on so all was very wet and heavy, so took longer and more work to get off the trailer than it otherwise would have. My body sure was happy when it was all done :o) I "never" leave home without my camera, so was dismayed when I realized today that it was sitting on its charger at home when I was out and about. I was going to take some pictures of unloading at the dump, but oh well, you all can imagine, lol.

When I got up to the scale and was weighed, the woman told me it would be $21 and coin... YIKES! When she saw my eyes go reeeaaaallllly big at that she asked if any of it had been wet and I told her, yes it all was wet. She was nice enough to knock it down to $9.00 for me... WHEW! For this I am totally grateful!! What did it weigh? 380Kg = 837.76 lbs!! This morning when Dan aired up the tires he said he'd read on them that the load should be maximum 500 lbs, so guess I was a little over loaded, haha... the trailer is insured for 700Kg = 1543.24 lbs including trailer and load, I don't know what the trailer weighs so I don't know how I was legally. But I'm home safe and sound, and that's all that counts in the end.

On the way home I stopped for a few groceries and ended up getting a good deal on 2 Hydrangea plants. I love these plants and for years I have wanted one, but never felt I could afford one. I still can't but it was a deal too good to pass up :o) Now to decide where is the best place to plant these two, they need part sun and my yard is mostly all sun, so I will have to figure out where they would get afternoon shade, hhmmmm. I've been wanting to find out if my soil is acid or alkaline, thinking I'd have to buy a soil test kit to find out as it is important for a lot of plants, now these plants will tell me, or at least if they are the "right variety". If the Hydrangea blooms pink it's alkaline conditions, if blue then acid.

No comments: