Monday, March 20, 2006

Happy Spring!!

Today is the first day of spring and was +12 degrees Celcius at my place. We had some sun and some clouds in turns. It was truely a beautiful day!

I spent part of my day working out in the yard. In the Area Formerly Known as Lawn, I pulled and dug up all the weeds and burdock plants, stacking them into piles to be disposed of as soon as possible. I then dug up several small lilac bushes from the base of the mother bush, being careful to keep the roots as intact as possible so I can plant them again in other places in my yard. I think I'll plant them along the highway side of the property, that will look nice when eventually there is a large hedge there. I still have more little lilacs to dig up and move, as well as dirt to move around and flatten out in this area, but it feels great to have gotten a good chunk of work done today.

2 comments:

clairesgarden said...

oh its so cold here!! lilac moves ok, I have one here that was dug up from my mothers garden.

Anonymous said...

The area where I live in NZ is not cold enough to grow lilac well. I wish it was.
Good work Alice!