Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Comments

I'd like to thank Wildside and Kiwi for their supportive and positive comments on my blog, and great input. Wildside left the comments here on my blog site and Kiwi posted them at PTF. What it PTF? It's Pathway To Freedom, a very interesting and informative web site about growing your own vegetables, animals, etc., basically how to become self sufficient, saving money while becoming more healthy. At PTF there is a "message board", the Pathway To Freedom E-Neighborhood: online neighbors visiting "over the fence" around the world. Here people post thoughts, ideas, questions, links to information, etc. If you are interested, on PTF I am known as PathFinder and their URL is: www.pathtofreedom.com

You can go see comments posted to my blog by following the comments links, and also leave comments there if you like. I am copy/pasting Kiwi's comment here from her post on PTF because it was so nice.

Kiwi said:

I wanted to leave a comment on your blog, Alice, but it won't accept "anonymous" comments unless I have a blog too! (I don't!)
Just wanted to suggest that you focus on only one small area at a time. I have found that when the task is large it is very easy to be overwhelmed by all that is required...and then end up achieving nothing! (I am good at that!)
You have a good attitude and are obviously well motivated, so I'm sure you will soon notice those yard improvements.
Some suggestions....I am a list person, so would draw up a task list before starting. Then gradually work through that list...maybe starting with clearing the stuff that you mentioned that needs to be dumped.
Maybe you could have what we (in New Zealand) call a "working bee"...where friends and family all come along and help with a cleanup project. In return you could provide a simple meal...and everyone would have lots of fun. It's a good way to see some quick progress.
It's just a pity that the whole PTF e-neighbours "gang" cannot come around to lend a hand! What an event that would be! I suspect we'd all start talking and laughing and never quite get to the work!
Thanks for sharing your thoughts and your blog.

No comments: