Sunday, September 24, 2006

Tomato Garden

An old Italian man lived alone in the country. He wanted to dig his tomato garden, but it was very hard work as the ground was hard. His only son, Vincent, who used to help him, was in prison. The old man wrote a letter to his son and described his predicament.

Dear Vincent, I am feeling pretty bad because it looks like I won't be able to plant my tomato garden this year. I'm just getting too old to be digging up a garden plot. If you were here my troubles would be over. I know you would dig the plot for me.
Love, Dad
**********************************
A few days later he received a letter from his son.

Dear Dad, Not for nothing, but don't dig up that garden. That's where I buried the BODIES.
Love, Vinnie
*********************************
At 4 a.m. the next morning, FBI agents and local police arrived and dug up the entire area without finding any bodies. They apologized to the old man and left. That same day the old man received another letter from his son.

Dear Dad, Go ahead and plant the tomatoes now. That's the best I could do under the circumstances.
Love, Vinnie
********************************

5 comments:

Wildside Musing said...

Great story -- good for a big ol' laugh! Now if only I could get that to work for me...

Thanks for your comments at my blog this AM; I reply there, but then never sure if you'd see so drop by to say hello.

Hello!

Alice (in BC Canada) said...

Ya, I wish I could too. Have a friend make an anonymous phone call to report drugs or bodies burried in the yard... lol. But YIKES what if they actually found some from before I bought the place. And besides, they'd likely just dig up the yard and septic system and leave it like that and cost me way too much money to fix everything they wrecked and have the heaps of dirt leveled out again... sigh. Life is never as good as a joke.

Wildside Musing said...

Hi there again, Alice,

Sometimes I think life is the joke!

You can get info about beta blogger from blogger when you sign in to post to your blog, just look for the link. You can sign up with it if you want, but others have mentioned a few troubles with it. Madcapmum and Simple Katie are two that have it now and have posted some about it too recently. You can get to their blogs from my blog's sidebar if you like...

I'll try to post this at both my blog and yours so hopefully one way or another you will see it!

Alice (in BC Canada) said...

Thanks Wildside. I'll check all this stuff out and see what it's all about. I also will post this on both blogs to be sure you see it, lol.

David (Snappy) said...

That was funny, and quite endearing really.Will drop by soon to your blogs.